Canadians don’t scoff at colder weather; we embrace it! What’s better than the smell of a wood fire with the autumn leaves, or relaxing in an outdoor spa with a glass of mulled wine?
Here are five items to help you enjoy your outdoor escape for longer this year.
2. Outdoor Movie Night
3. Custom Outdoor Lights
4. At-Home Spa Night
If you’re looking to enjoy your outdoor escape year-round, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do discuss your garden remodeling plans!
To follow up on our September Gardening Checklist – Fall Into Relaxation blog post, here’s Houzz’s complete home maintenance list for these last few weeks of September!
The Summer heatwaves are winding down, but there’s still a lot in store for your outdoor space this Fall; whether you prefer beautiful colors by day or lazy evenings by firelight, your yard is going to need some tender-loving care to yield results.
We’ve put together a quick September Gardening Checklist to make sure you have everything you need to get everything ready for the ultimate autumn relaxation time.
For a printable PDF, click here!
If you’re looking for someone to remodel or maintain your outdoor space, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do the hard work for you!
Gardens, whether cozy or sprawling, are an accessible escape to the hectic hustle and bustle of everyday life. Here are a few sayings to inspire you to fall in love again and again with your own corner of nature.
1. We do a lot more of that in-between, and we like it that way.
2. We also like to garden like we will live forever… So far, so good.
3. Happy for a lifetime… Sounds about right!
4. Your garden is your Kingdom…
5. And you can rule the world.
6. But nature is still cooler than us.
7. Which is why it makes us so happy.
If you’re looking for someone to remodel your outdoor space, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do the hard work so you can do the enjoyable gardening (that’s the bit where you stroll around with a spade in hand and a drink in the other)!
If you’re the average North American, you’ll spend 90% of your time indoors; Harvard’s latest study didn’t surprise landscapers with their findings that spending time outdoors boosts both physical and mental health, but also productivity (we at Plantenance spend 90% of our working day outdoors, and we can tell you our productivity is through the roof!).
Outdoor living rooms allow families to reconnect and relax while enjoying the benefits of nature right outside their doorsteps. Here are a few tips on how to make your outdoor living space the best room outside the house!
1. Divide and Conquer. Use free space, different types of flooring materials, or dividers to create various functional ‘rooms’ in your yard.
2. Keep it Cool. Pergolas, shades and canopies allow you to use your outdoor living room even in the afternoon sun and, if they’re fully covered, even in the rain. Siesta, anyone?
3. Color me Crazy. While outdoor living room furniture is a great investment, it can get expensive to replace every time you want a change of pace. Weather-proof slipcovers, cushions, throws and accessories, can change the look and feel of your yard in a flash!
4. Safety First. If you have children or pets, a sturdy, locking gate will bring you the peace of mind you need to kick back and relax. Wooden fences are a great eco-friendly option, while glass or metal gates allow you to comfortably see what’s going on beyond them.
5. Step It Up… Multi-level yards are a great way to create a view, especially with the fact wooden decks are one of the Top 5 best Return on Investment when it comes to a home remodel.
If you’re looking for someone to remodel your outdoor space, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do the hard work for you!
Homeowners, neighbours and homebuyers… We all judge a book by its cover. It’s no wonder curb appeal has been ranked among the top rewarding investments in home remodels. If you have a small front yard, all the reason to make the most of it!
Dry stone walls. A low drystone wall is a durable way to showcase your home, adding substance to the front of your home without hiding it from sight. Plant some high shrubs behind it for privacy, and you won’t have to worry too much about flower beds.
Let it shine. Don’t forget the outdoor lighting; while this one is often overlooked, your home can still catch potential buyers’ eye after dusk. It’s also a great added security measure for your family.
Lead the way. A quality path is the cornerstone when it comes to creating curb appeal. Don’t skimp on the pros for this one; a warped stone path can create a tripping hazard, and many headaches down the line.
Add a focal point. Whether it’s a small seating area, a water feature, or a patch of cheery blooms, drawing passersby to your yard with a point of interest will invite them to give the rest of the home an inquisitive look.
It’s not always greener… Grass isn’t always the best way to go, unless you plan on manicuring your lawn often. A lawn-free front yard can be a good alternative, with tall grasses, shrubs and stonework features giving it low-maintenance visual impact.
If you’re looking for someone to remodel your front yard, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do the hard work for you!