If you’re the average North American, you’ll spend 90% of your time indoors; Harvard’s latest study didn’t surprise landscapers with their findings that spending time outdoors boosts both physical and mental health, but also productivity (we at Plantenance spend 90% of our working day outdoors, and we can tell you our productivity is through the roof!).
Outdoor living rooms allow families to reconnect and relax while enjoying the benefits of nature right outside their doorsteps. Here are a few tips on how to make your outdoor living space the best room outside the house!
1. Divide and Conquer. Use free space, different types of flooring materials, or dividers to create various functional ‘rooms’ in your yard.
2. Keep it Cool. Pergolas, shades and canopies allow you to use your outdoor living room even in the afternoon sun and, if they’re fully covered, even in the rain. Siesta, anyone?
3. Color me Crazy. While outdoor living room furniture is a great investment, it can get expensive to replace every time you want a change of pace. Weather-proof slipcovers, cushions, throws and accessories, can change the look and feel of your yard in a flash!
4. Safety First. If you have children or pets, a sturdy, locking gate will bring you the peace of mind you need to kick back and relax. Wooden fences are a great eco-friendly option, while glass or metal gates allow you to comfortably see what’s going on beyond them.
5. Step It Up… Multi-level yards are a great way to create a view, especially with the fact wooden decks are one of the Top 5 best Return on Investment when it comes to a home remodel.
If you’re looking for someone to remodel your outdoor space, check us out at plantenance.com or give us a call at (514) 684-8235 or 1-888-9PLANTE. We’d love to do the hard work for you!